Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memory and Concentration

                 Memory! Memory!! Memory!!! My memory is treacherous to me. I am having difficulty in remembering things. Well, it hasn't happened in  day. But the severity has increased in last couple of months. I could never remember name of people. Well, not of my close friends. But of people I have met just couple of times. I even joke about this. It goes like this - I would even forget my own name if people stop calling me by my name. I have started wondering if it's a joke or fact. :)
                 I mean I'm just 28 (It's another thing that I look 22. :) ) and I'm having trouble remembering information. Preciously speaking, English words. I wanted to build up my English vocabulary, so I started reading books. I used to note down new words and find their meaning. Now I expect myself to remember these words and their meaning. Now what happens is that when I encounter the same word after some days, I surely remember that I know the meaning of that word but can't recollect it. It has been happening for quite a while. I'm frustrated.
There is another thing -Concentration. I was never a good concentrator. Even this sentence is overrated. I should instead say- I'm one of the worst concentrator. I have great difficulty in concentrating. This had created problems in my school and college class life. It's another thing that I couldn't care less about it. :) I get distracted very easily. I don't know if, as a kid I was hyperactive or something. But I think this 'poor of memory' and 'lack of concentration' go hand in hand. They are connected. I don't remember things because I don't grasp them with enough concentration. If my concentration improves, my memory might show better results. At least I would be able to remember my own name. I'm waiting for an elixir on both. Do you have any? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment