Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Kiss


“What? You kissed a girl in public?”
“Yes.”
“Wow! That’s great.”
“What’s great in it? She slapped me after that. Then and there. It all happened because of you.”
“What? That’s ridiculous! How come it happened because of me?”
“You told me to kiss her.”
“Yeah. But I didn’t say to kiss her in public.”
“You never mentioned anything about where to kiss her. How am I supposed to know?”
“God! You are supposed to use your brain. C’mon! Who kisses a girl in public in India?”
“Richard Gare did. Mika kissed Rakhi in public. They both did it on camera.”
“Yeah. But they are celebrities. They do it to boost their popularity. When they do it, it becomes sensation. When guys like you and I do it, they get slapped.”
“Okay………. Now I feel awful.”
“Don’t worry. Tell me in detail what happened.”
“As you told me, I asked her out for lunch. She agreed. We went downstairs in the canteen. We were standing in a food coupon line. She was standing ahead of me. I asked her to turn around and when she did, I kissed her.”
“My God! You are a one audacious bastard. You kissed a girl in a canteen full of people?”
“Yes. Then she slapped me and strode upstairs. I stood their alone for some time. All people in canteen were looking at me. Then I went upstairs too. She hasn’t spoken to me since then. What am I supposed to do now?”
“Hmmmm…………..Good question. Did you try to talk to her?”
“Yes. She wouldn’t respond. People in her cubical started looking at me strangely. Then I left.”
“Hmmmm…………..I wouldn’t blame them. Now do as I say. Ping her on chat and apologize to her. And this time don’t use your brain. Do exactly as I say. You will ping her and first thing you will do is to ask her apology.”
“She tastes great.”
“What?”
“She tastes great. When I kissed her I noticed that her lips are luscious.”
“Dude……..You are not supposed to say that.”
“Why not? You are my best friend.”
“Hmm……Okay….Thanks. I am flattered. Now do as I told you and let me know what happens. Bye”
“Bye.”

*********************************

“Hello.”
“I apologized to her.”
“Good. What did she say?”
“She said a lot of things. I didn’t understand much of it. But I think she didn’t like that I kissed her in canteen. She scolded me very much. But in the end she forgave me.”
“That’s great.”
“Yeah! Then I asked her if I could kiss her in private.”
“Gosh! What?”
“Yeah”
“But I clearly told you not to use your brain.”
“Yeah, you did. But I didn’t know what to say to her after she forgave me. You didn’t tell me that. So I asked her about this and she agreed.”
“What? What did you just say?”
“She agreed?”
“Do you mean that she agreed to let you kiss her privately?”
“Yes.”
“Un-freaking-believable. Are you sure you pinged her and not someone else?”
“Dude…………………?”
“Okay…….Okay…….”
“So she is coming to my house this weekend.”
“That’s.................…...great.”
“Now I want to know what I am supposed to do and how I am supposed to do it.”
“Hmmmm……...”
“So tell me how I should go ahead with this.”
“Well……..Honestly, I think we should go by your instincts.”
“What do you mean?”
“I think you should trust your instincts. This time we will not have any plan. You will do exactly what you feel like doing from your inside at that time.”
“It sounds kind of cool.”
“It IS cool.”
“But are you sure about trusting my instincts?”
“Very much. I am damn sure you can do it.”
“Thanks buddy. You are my best friend. I love you.”
“You bet I am……Just let me know what happens. Bye.”
“Bye.”

*********************************

“Hello.”
“Dude, I pulled it off.”
“That’s wonderful! Tell me. Start from the beginning.”
“As promised she came over to my place on Sunday afternoon. Then we talked, we watched TV, I showed her my DVD collection, we listened to songs. Then we decided to have tea. She prepared it. Tea was nice. She prepared tea daily. She also told me her secret recipe of preparing tea. You have to pour milk before water and…………”
“God… Skip the recipe.”
“Okay. Yeah. So after tea, we were seated in silence. Then I moved closer to her. She didn’t say anything. Then I took her hand in my hand. She didn’t protest. After a minute or two I leaned over her and as I was about to kiss her, damn door opened and my parents entered into the room.”
“What the ****?”
“That’s exactly what I said in my mind. I had completely forgotten that my parents were to visit me this Sunday evening.”
“Then what happened?”
“They were standing still, looking at us strangely. Before they could ask me anything and before I could understand what I was saying, I blurted out that I was proposing to her.”
“WHAT?”
“You heard me. This is what happens to me when I get nervous.”
“Then?”
“Then I knelt down and I proposed to her. I told her that I loved her very much and that I wanted to marry her. And guess what? She said yes.”
“O My God! That’s unbelievable and amazing and incredible.”
“Indeed, it is.”
“I just can’t believe that you got engaged to her.”
“Me neither. But it’s true.”
“So how do you feel?”
“I feel light and relaxed. I feel like I am the happiest person in the world.”
“That’s great. So what happened next?”
“As soon as she said yes, my parents clapped, came over to us and hugged us. Then we decided to go out to celebrate. We first went to jewelry shop and bought us engagement rings. Then we went to pizza hut. Boy! Pizza was delicious. They have different variety of……….”
“Yeah, I have been there. Cut it off.”
“Okay. Then we watched a movie, dropped her off at her place and came back to my place.”
“Hmmmm…….”
“On the way to pizza hut, I told her that the idea of kissing was yours.”
“What? You were not supposed to tell her that. Now she must be mad at me.”
“No, she isn’t. In fact she thinks that it’s the idea of kissing that brought us together. So she said she was grateful to you.”
“That’s fantastic. I am happy for both of you.”
“Thanks buddy. It all happened because of your help. You are my best friend. In fact, you are my bro.”
“Hahahahaha……That’s right. We are bros.”
“So where do you think I should go for my honeymoon?”
“O God! I am hanging the phone. Go to bed. Bye.”
“Hahahaha……..Goodnight bro.”

The End
*********************************
A KISS
(a fictionist, conversational, short story)
© All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!
    What a story....!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Gayatri, I take it as you liked the story. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete